I had such a fabulous day. I had gotten so much done in my little library - moved a cupboard here, move something there, get another cabinet (or two, $500! Yikes) and it looked fantastic. I was so excited to show it off to the boss. The students said it looked fantastic. The boss walked toward me. Our day had ended and we were both ready to head for home. I smiled brightly and sat my things down so that I could open the door for him and notice his reactions when he saw my new streamlined, efficient but warm new space arrangement. I stepped inside the glass door, standing just a foot inside the library. He approved of what I'd done. We spoke of ideas for the future use of now blank walls. It was a fun, enthusiastic conversation and I felt again that, "I am a librarian!" feeling. I felt so COMPETENT. I felt sure of myself and pleased with my success. Yes, this was a good day! It's marvelous to feel an internal sense of accomplishment. All that dust cleaned up, all those odds and tag ends laying around now in proper home and organized, a work space for processing books now laid out. Yes! I felt great internal pride and my Boss's approval was like icing on a very tastey cake.
Our conversation ended and the Boss headed out for home. I followed two steps behind him to discover that my purse was gone. In that short space, someone had not only stolen my purse, but helped themselves to two packs of cigarettes at a local convenience store, a hard drive and X box game at the local gaming store and a tank of gas at a nearby station. Just that fast. What it took a crooked creep less than an hour to accomplish will take me months to clean up.....
Yup! I feel like "I AM A LIBRARIAN!" Just a broke and irritated one. And not feeling quite so competent and in charge of my atmosphere...
Tuesday, December 5, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee