Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wishcasting Wednesday


It's Wednesday and time for another delicious Jamie prompt. Today's timely, as they always are!, prompt is, "What door do you wish to open?"
Oh! as I read this prompt the pictures flooded my heart. I opened the door and there was, what? I saw myself raising a glass, as if to toast something or someone. I saw myself whirling about with my daughters and laughing, I vaguely heard Paul Simon's Graceland in the background. Celebration! Joy!

Well, of course.

But that's not quite right, not yet.

So, I let the question sit for awhile and read your blogs and other blogs. I happened to slip over one of my favorites today, The Magic Onion. Oh! I used to make cute little felt dolls like that! Are those gorgeous? I used to lay out a seasonal tableau for my children too. I skimmed over more and more blogs and "I used to...." was racing across my mind way too many times to be ignored. "I used to...." Then I remembered a friend of mine recently mocking my, "I used to..." "Yeah, you used to do lots of things," he said.

What do these two visual journeys have to do with one another? Dancing, celebrating, joy and I used to? Ahhhhhhh! I know. Yes, I know. I suspect, that the ranch needed saving, and I put on my boots and did the dirty work. And now, the ranch is saved (or not but the moment has passed) and I've still got on my crisis intervention gear and somewhere along the line, I forgot about ME, about the good things in my life. I've been so busy putting out fires that I forgot about dancing with my kids, making Sunday morning pancakes while Paul Simon blasted in the background. I forgot about making little fairies and gnomes to celebrate the seasons of life. I forgot that I read cards and do Reiki and massage and, and, and, and! I did! I know I did! There are photos and children's memories to attest to all those things I "used to do." I did needs to become I DO!

Just in case you think I'm ready to open the door to my past, hrumph! Been there done that! But I am ready to open the door to what comes next! And, I'm ready to take myself, my whole self, every little good and bad part of me along. The ranch is managing itself now, I'm ready to take off these boots and the heavy coat and open the door to what comes next. I'm ready for joy and celebration and hard work and creativity.

Bring it on!

20 comments:

  1. You and I are running in the same dream and wish, aren't we? Let's hold hands and combine our wishes for if we do, we can't help but find success.

    As Lee wishes for herself, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    Enjoy hard work and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. May you find joy and peace with what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All things I would wish for myself! As Lee wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    It's all in you, waiting for the right time. It's like riding a bike. (Tell your snarky friend Kavindra said to shut up.)

    Let the joy begin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow once again so many of us have similar thoughts! As you wish for yourself I wish for you also! I do hope you will find yourself and all the things you USED to do or be once again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    Whoo hoo girl Let Fly with that wish - here is to the wonderful things to come!! Blessings, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    Here's to clebration, creativity and hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Lee wishes for herself I so wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.


    May all your dreams come to fruition and flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi LeeAnn,

    Now this is working for me! Glad to be able to leave you a message.I wish you to open the door to what comes next! To dance through life, to celebrate the wonder that you are.

    Giulietta, Inspirational Rebel

    ReplyDelete
  13. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also....

    ReplyDelete
  14. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    You go, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As Lee wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also.

    I can't wait to hear about all the fabulously creative things you'll be doing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. For all that comes next (brilliant!) As Lee wishes for herself, so too do I wish for Lee!
    ~Shamsi

    ReplyDelete
  17. More power to you!! I sooo understand the saga of "I used too...". Those seeds are still within us, waiting to come alive again. May you spring forth!

    As Lee wishes for herself, so I truly wish for her, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. As lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can breath now. Sorry I an so late.
    As you wish for your self I so wish for you also.
    May all the fun life has open it's door for you now. Big hug.

    I would like to invite you to Wrecking Sisters reunited
    http://artwreckage.blogspot.com/

    Please stop by if you would like to continue with the community of the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Amazing, that moment when we stick our heads out of survival mode, say our prayer of gratitude for our survival, and can look toward the next sweet thing life hands us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee