Well...I didn't just take a little break from blogging; I fell off the blogging planet. I hope someone still remembers me! Some very kind people have emailed asking about me; and I'm sorry to say that I ignored them. What follows is a little bit of why.
I have, for the last ten years of my life, been involved in what we shall call for the moment, a difficult, challenging relationship. This relationship, in any of its hundreds of mutations, has simply drained me of all that I have. I suspect that I'm going to talk about that some in the days to come. For now, I will share briefly this news; my partner has passed on.
This reality leaves me with such extremes of emotion that I have a great deal of difficulty navigating the poles. One moment I am filled with great sorrow, the next with anger, even fury. I had sent him from my home with the words, "Don't come back until you check into rehab!" Each day since then has been a constant struggle with my will. Each day held the potential that I would succumb to his pleas, and my own loneliness and sorrow and return, initiating, again, an unending cycle. The day of his death ended that cycle and I am oh so very empty...well, empty that is, when I'm not filled with wild passionate feeling. Today, I will not race to his side, today, I will not receive words, the words which say, "I get it baby, I'm headed to rehab right now, wait for me!"
And so, Jamie's tender question, "What do you wish to be gentle with?" arrives at the least gentle of times. Today, and for likely many days to come, I want to be gentle with myself (someone made a bet this would be the most prolific of answers to Jamie's question). I need to be gentle with everyone around me. I need to be gentle with small children and large buildings. I need not clang everyone over the head with the truth, and while being gentle with the feelings of everyone around me, I need to remember to be gentle with me, because I know the truth. I have been living this awful truth for ten years. When I blow it, and scream the truth to those who will not hear, I need to forgive myself for not being more tender with their feelings and learn to live with my own truth. I cannot do so silently, I know the deadly danger in that path, instead I must find gentle ways of living my truth, and gently sort out when it is important to speak, and important to remain silent.
I plead for gentle steering ahead, to softly glide around the rocks, and to navigate from the rocky shoals without the crash and burn which looms so starkly ahead.
I hope that I can write more now. The obstacles to my writing have been cleared and I find that the reasons I must write, are the very same reason why I have not written. The truth is sometimes not so gentle; but I can gently sit with what is not gentle.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




As LeeAnn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. What a difficult position to be in, and how gracefully you have already accepted the truth in what you say here and what you are wishing for!
ReplyDeleteYou have been through a lot. My heart hurts for you. Please be gentle with yourself. Peace, love, light
ReplyDeleteAs Lee wishes for herself, so I wish as well.
Oh Lee ...I'm so sorry. Your partner was a captive to his disease. And you did break free yourself. He will be in a better place now ...I hope, one where he is able to rest in peace and not be so tormented by his uncontrolable illness. My heart goes out to you.
ReplyDeletePlease do be gentle with yourself ...allow the rage, the grief to wash through you and over you.
I am ...a recovering alcoholic and I am a keyboard away if ever you need a shoulder even from the other side of the world.
Reach out if you can ...don't try to do this alone...
As Lee wishes for herself I so lovingly wish this for her also. xxxxxx
Lee, be gentle with yourself first, and the rest will follow. You are allowed all the gamut of emotions you are feeling.
ReplyDeleteAs lee wishes for her self, I wish for her!
I'm sorry for your loss, Lee.
ReplyDeleteWhat you wish for yourself, I truly wish for you , also.
As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also...deep healing to you...
ReplyDelete(Your tender wish wiggled into my heart and my spirit, beautifully composed, beautifully received...)
ReplyDeleteAs Lee wishes for herself, I so wish for her also.
I'm so sorry for your loss and the emotional roller-coaster ride you'll be on for a while - sending you virtual hugs.
ReplyDeleteAs Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.
Lee, I am so sorry to hear that your partner has passed. Yes, be gentle with yourself. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
ReplyDeletexx
Ah Lee what a journey you have been on, may you be able to find some peace within the storm of feelings you are processing.
ReplyDeleteSending you peace and blessings.
As Lee wishes to be gentle with herself, others and the world around her so I wish for her also.
Your story touched me very much. It is so difficult to live through these challenging times. Your emotions are so raw now.
ReplyDeleteSo be gentle with yourself - may you heal and write.
As Lee wishes for herself , I wish for her also.
Hi Lee:
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your partner. It will take some time to get over that. I'm here if you need to talk. Hugs, Heather
I'd been praying for and think of you during your blogging absence. Now that I know what you've gone through, I will pray for you to heal while grieving and for the grace to approach this new path in your life.
ReplyDelete