Thursday, August 23, 2007

Daily Grind

Today, a student really did approach me to inquire whether or not I had noticed the Mcdonalds cup left by the printer. Really. I had not, I told her, as I abruptly left my task and rushed to remove the offending cup. This sweet student stood and smiled at me, clearly pleased with her helpfulness.

Moments after that, a very gentle student explained that she needed help accessing her email. I eagerly went to her aid, only to realize, this student has never used a mouse before. Never. Another, Really. Really.

Fortunately my day is brightened by another faculty bring me a beautiful dahlia, a lovely peach colored blossom that I hope will dry well and cheer me when summer is long gone. And another reminds me of "Knitting in the Library" at 2. I have forgotten my knitting but she assures me, that since she knows about my secret stash of a yarn ball, that she will provide me with needles.

I look forward to my substituting tonight for an Information Litaracy instructor....we will be looking at journals. Of the four classes which I have covered for him, he's left me detailed lesson plans and instructions but for this one. I'm looking forward to standing on my own this evening. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee