Sunday, November 30, 2008

Together Again

My sewing room is functional again! Yeah! You can see the corner of the little chair that I re-covered, and the chair in front of my sewing table. I'm still not so wild about all the pink...but I'm hoping it will help to change the energy a little bit. Maybe the world will take on a tinge of roses as the year draws to a close.



I celebrated by finishing up this little pincushion that I'd begun months ago.


It turned out a little bigger than I imagined it would be, and the stuffing could be a little tighter but, I plan to make several more of these for a craft fair at my school next weekend.

We also started on some little dreamcatchers to make as Christmas gifts.



This isn't the best one so far. Dreamcatchers are a fun, little project to make when I want to be in a dreamy mood. I can do the weaving and let my mind wander in almost a meditative state. We used vines growing in my yard - I really like that. I feel as though I'll be giving gifts that carry bits of my heart, and my home with them.

When I finally got my sewing room together I felt this bit of peace and some ease; I felt certain that I'd be looking forward to many nights working and creating. Moments after the room came together, I got notice that my landlord has, at the 11th hour, declined to sign the new agreement which we had so carefully crafted. Once again, I am in a state of not knowing what my future holds. Perhaps the dreamcatchers will work their magic.

I hope all of you are looking forward to a peaceful, fulfilling holy season.

~Lee

1 comment:

  1. Good to have you back. Crossing fingers and praying about the landlord situation.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee