
Hi everyone - how long has it been since I last posted? I think it's been forever and there is much to show and tell. For today though, I'll just do this short, little post. Isn't that a fabulous looking car? It's mine. He's really, really old but he looks great, the ride is smooth and he's almost perfect.....except....
Well...some of you recall this post from way back. One day my Oldsmobile overheated and the engine siezed. Not 3 days later, my spare tire truck, my beloved Cochise overheated too and blew up! So, I ended up with Bennie here. A few weeks after I purchased Bennie, he also started overheating. Insert your favorite explicatives here. Since sometime mid July I've been borrowing my daughter's car and begging rides from others. Bennie hasn't run for all that time.
Today, I just couldn't stand it any more and rather than ask more kind friends to examine him yet again; I decided to force the budget and take Bennie to a pro. My pals have tried everything, and no one could discover the source of Bennie's leak. Aha! Today's mechanic discovered the problem immediately and showed me a perfect puncture hole in the thermostat hose. Wow.
Do I just have the greatest luck, or what? Hopefully I can have the hose replaced pretty soon and be on the road again.
There's lots more to share, complete with photos. But hopefully soon some of the stresses will be resolved and I'll be on the road again so to speak.
Cheers!!
~Lee




Sometimes in avoiding the pros (because of the costs) we end up costing ourselves more time, money and frustration.
ReplyDeleteGlad you have wheels again.
Glad to have you posting.
Missed you.