
This beautiful tree was once, much taller. We didn't hear a thing! And this is before the major, icky stuff that rumored to be rolling in tonight and tomorrow. Saoirse is convinced that Universe has sent this gift just for her; so that she'd feel at home. Shall I repeat to you my response to her?
Being snowed in does have it's advantages. I did finish this:

Can you see the dragonfly? Lest I give the impression that I just whipped this one out, let me tell you that I lost count (haha!)of how many times I frogged it to begin again. You'd think that at my age, counting never higher than 39 wouldn't be such a chore. I managed two of these, for Fran, who collects dragonflies. I bought the soap from this wonderful Etsy shop. Her package was beautifully wrapped, arrived quickly and the soap smells so heavenly that Fran will be lucky if it makes it into her stocking. She also included the most delicious samples. I hope you drop by and visit her shop.
If the snow continues, I should be able to show you two Zune pouches knit from the most beautiful, sensual, cotton yarn I've ever felt. These two, I have also frogged more than a dozen times, but I don't mind because it's such much fun to hold this yarn and feel the pouch takes form. There are also a dozen magnets which Saoirse put together from odds and ends of my supplies. She's mimicing the ATCs which I've shared with her and they are really adorable. Oh, and not to forget, I think the dreamcatcher project ran its course at about 20 or so.
We made fudge and we're baking tonight. The tree is decked out. You know, I've lived alone for awhile and I kept thinking that my grandsons might not be so thrilled with my tiny little tree. Unable to hold Christmas back until my budget was ready to spring for a "real" tree, we pulled out my special tree. I was thinking that it would look nice in a corner after the "real" tree appeared. From the looks of it, I think Cash isn't at all disappointed with our tiny sprite of a tree. And, it's a good thing because it doesn't look like we're going anywhere soon!

Merry Christmas to everyone - I hope you are all warm and safe. There is truly much to be grateful ~Lee




Hope you had a lovely Christmas and wishing you a blessed New Year!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful job you did w the soap - the dragonfly is stunning. Your tree was charming. Let it snow!
ReplyDeleteI am so grateful that you two are still dropping by. I can't thank you enough and sure hope that 2009 is your best year ever!
ReplyDelete