Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Weekend Update

Oh what a wonderful weekend I had! It was just tip top and will take several posts to recap. I'll begin here though:

I got more wonderful surprises in the mail this Friday. There was, the most outrageous swap package that I can imagine. I was overwhelmed. Heidi sent me an apron, that makes sense, we joined an apron swap. The apron is just beautiful; the sweetest teacups - very Victorian pieced together with vintage fabric for the ties. I was just reeling. Then, Heidi used the same fabric, and a bit of vintage linen (a place mat I think) to make a tea towel. Then Heidi included 3 pairs (3!) of knitting needles, aluminum, double points and really big plastic needles. And THEN Heidi included a book about not to worry so much (how did she know I need to read that book!) and some tea and the cutest little heart shaped valentines tea strainer. Wow oh wow! I've never gotten such a package.

So, in a euphoria of spoiledness, I laid it all out, beautifully of course and took a million photographs. I lept to my computer and started to upload the photos. While the photos were uploading, I decided to mix up the no-knead bread that's going around on several different blogs. I found the recipe over at Curious Bird. I mixed up the recipe, after debating awhile about the difference between rapid rise and instant yeast. Nice, no hitches, okay cool! Bread doing its bread thing and now back to uploaded photos so I can blog! I'd been writing the blog about Heidi's swap gift in my mind while mixing up the bread. The only trouble was, the photos were still uploading. Did I mix that bread up that quickly? So I thought I'd make up a little tea pouch while I was waiting again - and so I did, and photos were STILL uploading.

We tried everything, and in the process, lost the last batch of photos.

Now it is obvious, and can no longer be avoided. My camera is broken. A moment of silence please. I know how much you all enjoy laughing at my terrible photo taking skills.

Only, viola! She's not REALLY broken. She just doesn't work with Windows Vista. I did tell you all about the new computer that Frannie and her SO gave me, yes? It's lightening fast. It's amazing. And, it doesn't like my camera. Fortunately, my old computer is still accessible ands so you won't be deprived of my quirky photos but, I did lose the fantastic photo of Heidi's swap. I managed to take another one but it's just not as good as the other one - you know? I'd already made up some of the tea and put the books away but here's the most beautiful apron!

Here's the detail of Heidi's apron

I'm so sorry the photos don't do justice, this apron is just dazzling to me!

But wait!
There's more!

There are Dotee Dolls and zippy pouches and tea pouches and credit card pouches and a Super Bowl Game and movies! And food! And bread!

More later my friends. I'm reading a bit of Agatha Christie each night, out loud, and I'm having growing some appreciation for the idea of not spilling everything all at once - just a bit here and a bit there.

I do hope your Monday has begun a terrific week filled with many good things.

~Lee

1 comment:

  1. I am sincerely hoping that the "each" night of reading Agatha Christie was a typo.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee