Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Five Good Things

Wow! It's been a long time since I've done one of these. Feels nice, just imagining writing it, scanning my Universe for items to include. I'm smiling and I haven't even yet identified my five good things.

  • I'm meeting the Head Librarian for my company tomorrow. She is delightful. She is a role model and a mentor. Everything I'd like to have said about me professionally someday, I can say about her.
  • And! The reason I'm meeting her is that the ACRL is in Seattle this weekend. AND I'M GOING!!
  • Dinner in the oven, prepared by daughter and I. That was fun. And it's going to be GREAT tasting too.
  • Having a root canal and getting an ear infection during the same week was NOT fun but it's almost over now. I can feel the little creeps crawling toward the door and I feel much relieved. I can't quite yet hear from my right side, but there are some advantages to this, eh?
  • Have been given some new, interesting responsibilities at work. I'm looking forward to feeling a bit of "pressure."
Okay, that's FIVE. I could go on for several more.

Like!!

It's been since February 22nd that I've had a cigarette. There's a couple of moments when I wanted one but so far I'm abstaining and I think I'm beginning to feel some positive effects. It seems like my thoughts are a bit clearer at least. And, another bad habit which I indulge in (can I just not yet confess what that is?) was cut by 70 % today. I'm hoping for a similar day tomorrow - and the next, and the next.

What are your Five Good Things?

It's a full moon, maybe a good night to dance in the moonlight and smile, offering your gratitude for the many good things in your life.

Namasté

Lee

1 comment:

  1. My dresser sold on Craig's List which means that I can buy another dresser I saw on Craig's list. (It's coming tomorrow.) - that's 2.
    3. I was asked to write two columns per month for a blog service (for pay).
    4. I received a check today and have another one coming next week for projects I've been working on. (Cash flow instantly improved!)
    5. I'm still alive as is my husband. We have had a run of unexpected deaths among people our age in the past few weeks. This is a huge blessing - so what if hubby received lay-off notice.
    6. I've read some tremendously well written books recently.

    Lee - FYI - You should enter the Purez diesgn-a-Tote contest at purexsavesgreen - dot - com.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee