Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What do you wish to complete?

Thank you Jaimie for our wishcasting prompt today.

It's tempting for me to tick off all the fun things I'd like to complete: a knit along afghan that's made little square by little square. Of the several hundred required, I think I've knit three. I could talk about my garden bed which really produced nothing but boatloads of cherry tomatoes and a few zucchini. Once the "real" gardening season had passed, I promised to turn the beds for a fall garden. If comfrey and purslane count as a garden...maybe? Then there's the dollie on my kitchen table that was actually commissioned. Who but Lee leaves a commissioned project just lying around? I seem to be in a drifting place in my life and actually, I'm finding that's an okay place to be for awhile. I'm learning to do nothing now and again and for me, that's a good thing. I'm taking time to reflect on my life and where it's been, where it's headed. I'm learning that sometimes I use my hefty "to-do" list in order to quiet the voices in my head. The voices need to be heard I think so I'm quietly waiting and conversing and letting the flow take me where it will. For me, for awhile, this is a very good thing.

Then again, there are somethings that must be completed - no matter where I am in my life, and no matter how I'm enjoying the idleness of drifting. I sent in lesson one of an eleven lesson course just yesterday. This work should have been done a year ago. Now, the (extended) January 10th deadline looms and I am determined to meet that date, ready to request final examination.

And so, I'm not going to rattle on about my afghan, my garden, my dollies or even my sewing room or my weight loss plan, or my yoga dream. No. Oh how I want to linger there - I want all of those things! But, for once in my life I must be practical, I must set a priority. I have wanted to complete this course for a long time so that I can move officially ahead as a professional indexer. It's time to do what's necessary so that the daydream can become a reality.

On to lesson two!

13 comments:

  1. Here's to checking off items on your list in order of importance! As you wish for yourself I so lovingly wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it:)

    As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!
    Happy knitting, I really love that too. (And there are so many knitting things, I have to complete....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As LeeAnn wishes for herself I so completely wish for her as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi LeeAnn,

    I hear you about the list of things to be done. It makes sense to choose one, finish it, then another, etc. I wish for you to finish that course since you are so close. Thx for the nice comment about my new product in the making.

    Enjoy! Giulietta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your honesty is beautiful. As LeeAnn wishes for herself, so I too wish for her. I really like the energy of your wish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As LeeAnn wishes for herself, I wish for her also. I see you completing those things that are necessary to complete, with time left to idle ;D
    Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looked at the books you've finished reading and what you're reading now. I'm impressed with how much you must read. I read a lot as a child and young girl but I think I've replaced books with my laptop and I want to get back to reading more books. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm impress so much on your blog writing.
    As LeeAnn wishes for herself, I wish for her also

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Lay - I really appreciate that kind comment. Becky - as to the books I've read, I maybe should put that on my "To-Do" list - to clean up and refresh those sidebar lists. But I do love reading - and I love it when others are reading and sharing what they read. I really loved your list and now my own "books to read soon" list has grown longer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As Librarian Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Thanks for sharing your "To Do list" with us. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your afghan, dollies, etc...are comfort to you, so of course you'd like to linger; but you desire to start something new...so as Librarian Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can do it. I know you can. And you will.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee