- I so love the twisty, curvey road that I get to drive in the mornings. It's exciting, it's not boring, flatline driving like the interestate. I feel connected, I feel that I am someplace. I feel conscious.
- The view of The Mountain is quite spectacular on my winding morning path. I am somplace and The Mountain is also someplace and somehow that place and this place are the same place - or....as above so below. I feel At One.
- A tall and magnificent stand of comfrey that seems to me, to sing to the world. I even imagine it - it's a rich baritone voice, assuring all that wounds, breaks, and all sorts of life's mishaps are easily healed. I am so grateful to know the value stored in her strong and hidden roots. Will you keep reading if I tell you that occasionally the plants talk to me?
- Supportive colleagues reminding me that I do good work - and sometimes it gets noticed but all the time, it is fruitful.
- For a lovely lunch of homegrown lettuce gifted to me in love and a quiet, thoughtful lunch time.
Such a nice day or two I've had. A little spinning, a little sewing, some reading, conversation and some projects complete. My bird cage is finally hung and so now, the adventure of separating two birds who've made one cage home now for better than a month. And then, there's that chair skirt to figure out - does anyone have any idea??? That little skirt could be the reason I didn't get that chair recovered years ago - sewing up pillows is easy enough but I just can't quite figure out that skirt part unless the whole chair comes apart - do you suppose that's how it must be done? But, for some reason, this puzzle isn't aggravating me, it makes me laugh. It's a nice way to be. At one, no struggle. I like it.
Be at peace, it's all good.
~lee




It's so wonderful to be grateful for what one has and the simple everyday accomplishments and activities that are not always so simple after all.
ReplyDeleteCheck out the contest winners for this competition for a wedding dress made out of toilet paper. This is something done at most bridal showers but these contestants took it to a new level. You've so skilled with making things, it made me think of you. (cheap-chic-wedding.com/wedding-contest2008)
Where? Where? I wanna see!!
ReplyDelete