Monday, March 16, 2009

Tarot Thursday - Balance



I had a wonderful and inspiring weekend at the ACRL gathering in Seattle this last weekend. Alexie Sherman was entertaining, thought provoking, passion inspiring and darned funny. I really love it when another human being speaks my words, utters my thoughts. I love it especially when they do it better than I could ever dream of doing it. You understand, right? When you sit in awe and constantly find yourself thinking, "yes! exactly! oh yeah, THAT'S what I meant!"

I got lost in the rush and demand that a conference can be and I almost (gasp!) forgot about Tarot Thursday. I did do it! But...not until Sunday. Our lesson this Thursday was to lay the cards out as before, sit with them and see which cards called to us. I laid the cards out. I stared. I thought about this card, or that card, what this one means, why maybe I like or dislike this one, why am I avoiding that one, how come that one seems as though I've never seen it before? I went round and round and finally decided that I was over thinking it and trying too hard to direct the process (I do that sometimes). So I took a deep breath, went back to reading for a moment, glanced up at those cards and then, on impulse, without interior prompting(uh huh, yeah, right), I reached out,and just picked up some cards. That's right, I sat suddenly up and simply pulled some cards from the spread until I felt like I was finished. These are the cards I pulled.



Now. I have this sneaking suspicion that if you've never seen a tarot card before, if you think tarot cards are who ha, no matter what you think, surely you can pick up the theme here. Yes? I've backspaced over my sentences several times now, tempted to speak about that theme. But not yet. No, not quite yet. I'm sure you can see it anyway and words are only words.

I'm still laughing about it. Okay, moments are when it feels very tender and I am certainly not laughing. This feels like a truth that I shall dance with slowly. The cards lay on my altar now as suggested in our weekly lesson, whispering each time I pass by. Yes...a right, slow dance.

Please join if you are inclined. I'm loving this direction to take a slower, deeper look than I might otherwise on my own.

Lee

1 comment:

  1. i am a week late with my homework too but that's okay i believe with Elena. i read some of your latests posts and enjoy them as well as your sweet sense of humor ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee