Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wishcasting Wednesday

Jamie, over at Starshyne Productions has this wonderful inspiration for Wishcasting Wednesday. I'll let you read all about it on her blog. I've been following the posts, and I've not jumped in for half a dozen reasons or so, all of them having to do with time and commitment and a few more of them having to do with being a tiny bit shy and not so much a joiner. But, I have to laugh at my response when I landed on her blog today. The question is simple: What do you wish to read? (Can you hear me laughing?)

A few of you know me rather well and I bet at least one or two of you are already imagining my mental answers. They went like this: I'd like to read my children's eyes, I'd like to read my own tarot cards with skill and without doubt and with bone baring honesty. I'd like to read my own heart, the wishes of my mother and the hopes of my brothers. I'd like to read the needs and wishes of my colleagues and friends, and I'd really like to read the Heart of the Holy Ones. I went on like this for some time today. And eventually, I was silenced. Am I overthinking this one just a bit? Maybe? You think? Ahem. Um, I am a librarian you know!

So! What do I want to read? Well...

For starters, I'd like to finish the last five hundred pages or so of Kristen Lavrensdatter. I loved it so much the times I read it before - this time, not so much. I find myself being more than a little impatient with her willfullness and lack of foresight. But, I hate leaving a book half read and so I cannot pick up something else until this is done.

Then! I'd like to really read everything I own. Yes, that's right. How many books have I just skimmed? All those books a therapist suggested, all those massage and healing books that I opened to the precise bit of information I needed, Job's Body comes to mind, and then put down to gather dust. I'd like to read all those books that were too painful for me to process.

I always return, every year or so, to Brothers Karamozov and I randomly pick something from Charles Dickens. Cynthia always inspires me with her poetry selections and I really wish that I read more poetry. I've promised to soon begin The Book Thief and Eat, Pray, Love.

Really, I just like to read. When I read, my thoughts are more colorful, my language more precise and I believe (or imagine) that I make more sense when I speak. Let me know if you notice any improvement in the next few posts!

I wish this enrichment in my life, for my soul. Let it be so.

~Lee

13 comments:

  1. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

    For your soul, let it be so, all your lovely wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    Impressive list and good luck with your reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Lee wishes for herself so I wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't be shy with all of us wishers...we're a friendly lot and all different like a box of new crayons...you'll fit right in and we'll gain from your professional insight and life wisdom.

    So jump righ in, the water is fine.

    As Lee wishes for herself, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her, also!

    Namaste'

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As LeeAnn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    For both the books and your first impulse too!

    I'm so glad you've joined us. This wish prompt must have been inspired just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to wishcasting!
    I love all of your wishes-especially those of the heart:)

    As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.
    Hi Lee - thanks for popping by my blog!! I adore Debbie Macomber!!!
    I just finished Eat,Pray,Love and adored it!! I plan on reding it again this summer. Namaste, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her, also!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    Isn't it amazing how many books we acquire? I have never owned an empty bookshelf - they just seem to fill themselves up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As Lee wishes for herself, I so lovingly wish for her also!

    I simply adored your insighful, genuine and honest response. I would love to and try to read all those things you mentioned in the first part of your post as well! Simply Beautiful!! You are deeply thoughtful woman!~

    Thank you for your comment on my blog!~

    ReplyDelete
  13. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog and I'm so glad you've joined us!

    What a beautiful list of wishes! May each and every one, and then some, come true for you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee