Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wishcasting Wednesday


I'm so amazed that Jamie keeps coming up with these wonderful, provocative questions. This week she asks us, "What do you wish to connect to?" Ha!

That list got long. It got really long, really fast. My partner, my daughter, my employer, my profession, that Cosmic Conduit, a woman healer,my garden.....yes, it got to be a really long list and it left me in despair. Suddenly I realized, I am disconnected! Really. I am. So..I did what I tend to do; I wallowed in the despair for awhile. I let that feeling sink in all the way to the bone marrow. I am disconnected. Thanks, Jamie for giving me a moment to really feel it, to acknowledge that truth and honor it. I am disconnected. And, I need to get connected. NOW.

To what? To whom? To a place? To a home? Maybe a friend or two? Source? Wallow, wallow, wallow some more. When it hit me this morning. I am not disconnected! I can never be disconnected. Not from Source, not from God, not from All That Is. Never. So if I can't be disconnected, what's going on? What is this despair that's been floating around me for so very long now?

A long time ago, seems like lifetimes ago, I had a vision. It was a beautiful image, descending to me this perfect, pulsing, Light-Radiating hand. I was told to join my own hand. It's been a long time, but you see, this hand had to do with holding one of my hands while the other of my hands held my client. Over time, I stepped into this ritual of seeing "The Hand" clasping my own before I initiated any kind of work with clients. That hand came back to me today and I realized, very clearly, that I am the client. I need to connect with me. I want to somehow connect with that playful, fearless, creative woman that once was me.

Partner often reminds me how I speak of all the things I "used" to do. I used to be a spinner, I used to garden, I used to do lots of things, I used to bake and sew. I don't want to do all those things again. Nope. Really. Not all of them; but I do want to connect to that woman who tried things, who learned and succeeded and created. I'm not sure where she went, but I'd sure like to make introductions and re-new that connection.

I believe that many of us experience disconnect as we age. Many of the pinnacles of my life happened in youth. Oh, I'm not just talking about the birthing of our children but I am remembering the explosive creativity, the profound awareness and spiritual growth that accompanied that time. I mean, I think I had my peak spiritual experiences while I sat with crying children, washed diapers and danced Maypoles. I'm convinced that I once stopped a speeding car soley by the influence of my will, just inches from an errant daugther. I remember spining pounds and pounds of wool with babies on my lap and experiencing the deepest meditation I've experienced or can imagine experiencing.

Some days, getting older seems a bit dull - does it not? Yet, I don't want to wash diapers and only rarely do I wish to achieve the feat of calming a squirming child while simultaneously attempting to accomplish something I want to do. What then? I don't want to be young again - but I think I'm beginning to understand that I do wish to dance with my younger self, to somehow "bring her forward." I want to remember living with no reserve, with nothing held back - the self that danced before konwing that occasionally the world is painful and unkind. I'd like to connect with her and maybe she can connect with the older woman and somehow create what I believe others have called the Wise Woman. I didn't realize that until I typed the words just now. I'd like to connect my young mama self with my older malee self. Yes, That's what I'd like to connect - the two parts of this whole woman.(Just so some of you know, I backspaced over the Cr_n_ word because I am just simply not ready to accept that yet.)

Thanks Jamie.


I'll explain the photos tomorrow!

Cheers - ~Lee

7 comments:

  1. I love how you wrote your way to your truth in this post ~ we get to take the journey with you.
    And I think this is so universal - I certainly was nodding my head at so much of it. Hard knocks make us a little less adventurous ... and yet you wouldn't trade all the wisdom you have gained from your experiences either.

    And you just keep backspacing over the Cr-n- word as long as you like sweetie. That cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As LeeAnn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

    May your two very worthy parts connect. The dynamic creativity of youth with the creative wisdom of maturity :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As LeeAnn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

    Yup, yup and yuppers - so there with you!!! Wonderful post!!
    I so understand keeping life a little safer - sometimes I too think I wish I could be more free with myself again - then maybe not - I kinda like the crone thing - well maybe in a couple of years - lol. Namaste, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. As LeeAnn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    What a truly beautiful post. There is so much power here. I was so touched and inspired reading each step and each realization.

    May you be whole. May you connect to all that you are and are becoming.

    Namaste.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all are very kind. Thank you. What a warm, supportive group of women you've inspired Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we have to embrace a new kind of energy that is not the same when most of your experiences were new or life and it's demands were rushing at you. I've had to love myself like I loved my children. One of the things I always do, is to do what I can in this moment. I know that the best is continuing to come to me. I'm embracing the balance between solitude and togetherness. I can't unknown what I know or "unhave" the experiences that I had. Sometimes I try new things. Sometimes I embrace the familiar. Sometimes I pretend to feel more fabulously than I do (and I did that when I was younger, too).
    Keep at it. Grab what you can with both hands, take a big bite out of life. No - cr-n-. I have never liked that word I don't care what people tell me to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely. And, if you can write and walk in the truth, you can't stay 'dis' connected for very long.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee