Monday, May 24, 2010

5 Really Good Things


Been awhile since I did this one, eh? I've been thinking about it all morning. For a minute or two, I felt awful; all five things were really self-centered. Then I had to smile - I think that's just fine. I'm discovering things all over again, I'm remembering, and I've grown thristy for more of life. Feels almost giddy.

  • I actually listened to the music of a band called Meatloaf today. Wow. How'd I miss that? I must have dismissed this on the basis of name only because I really like it!
  • At 6 A.M. my house is so peaceful and quiet - no TV, no worry about saying the wrong thing to anyone and sending the day reeling in the wrong direction.
  • On April 15th I quit drinking soda pop. It just felt like the right time to initiate a change in habits. My body has been catapulted into a dramatic detox - so while it's not pretty, I have faith in the coming rewards. If it's possible to feel really good and really awful at the same time, I do! The meter is teetering closer to really good all the time.
  • I spent a night and part of the next day this weekend with my grandson - was that a joy or what! And no one else took control or told me how to act or what to say. And we had a fine time!
  • There are lilacs filling up my workspace today - a simple, beautiful treat.

How about you? Do you have five really good things in your life? I'm betting you do!

Cheers

~Lee

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're listening to Bat OUt of Hell, because that is pure delight, beginning to end.
    Love your really good things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee