"If you change one thing, you change everything." That's the thought that's rumbling round my mind this wellness wednesday. Aha...okay, so if this is so (and I believe it is) that means I don't have to change everything. What a relief! Lynn Andrews called it, all those years ago when I was reading that sort of thing, an act of power. So....one thing. One thing. My brain shifts to the 10,000 things and I cannot think of one thing. I do battle with myself until I observe myself battling and realize that staying in the battle is my way of opting out and not changing even the one thing. And so....with no ado, without fanfare; today, I will choose the one thing. Just one thing; I will be disciplined in this one small thing (someday I may tell you) for one week and next wellness wednesday we shall reconvene (who is "we" I wonder?) and assess the one thing, the small act of power and its potential change.For now, it is enough to know that I don't have to fix the whole of me. I do not have to be perfect tomorrow - that's not going to be on my list. What a relief! For today, I am going to focus on the simple and effortless change of one thing.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee