Friday, August 22, 2008

I did it! I did it!

These have become a pie, cooling on the stove. No, I did not take photographs of the pie. I have never made a pretty pie in my life. But, I'm betting it tastes fabulous. Okay, I'm hoping it tastes fabulous, how can you go wrong with berries and sugar, eh? Now, during the process of making my Friday Pie I had an occasion to visit an issue which I have visited too many times of late.



I try not to think about this. Really. I try hard. But, I just can't help myself! And....the issue is.....THINGS THAT BUG ME. I'd really like to pepper that statement with some "language" but, since I wish it wasn't true, since I wish things didn't bug me, I'll leave it as is. You want to hear some of the things which bug me? No? Ummmm, maybe you should stop reading because I'm going to tell you.

  • The towels hanging on the stove are "nice" towels. They are for drying clean hands and looking pretty. The towels for mopping up chocolate are over THERE
  • Soap belongs in the soap dish, not in the corners of the tub
  • The coffee table should be mostly clear, a few necessary pretties are on the coffee table but if one wishes to have coffee, there should be a place to do so
  • Used washclothes should be hung, or laid flat, not left in a heap where they will mildew fast
  • Pictures should hang straight on the wall
  • Chairs should be pushed in, under the table
  • Knives are not screwdrivers
  • Screwdrivers are in the toolchest - that's where they live
  • Muddy boots should be left outside the door
  • Last thing at night, when I put away the last few dishes, wipe up the last few crumbs and "close the kitchen" there should be X - X (people in the household) number of forks, spoons, glasses, cups and plates in the cupboard. That way, I do not discover come breakfast that there are X-X(100%)

I'm sure there's more. I think, somewhere along the line, that I assumed that everyone has the same rules that I have. My rules make sense to me. My rules also make it difficult when I attempt to live with other people and I'm getting this clue that people ought to be more important than rules. But, I just can't quite let go of my rules. How do you do that?

I got so annoyed with stuff that I got stopped mid-blog. It's Monday and I'm all better. Nothing is bugging me, I had a very sweet lunch-time and now an afternoon of ordering books and balancing budgets lies ahead. The pie, eaten over the weekend, was indeed tastey and there are blackberries still to pick.

~Lee



3 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with liking order. It's just that everyone has their own sense of it and what bugs one of us will not bug another of us.
    The pie looked sweet. I only bake for holidays or when I have company over since my husband can resist sweets and I can't. How can one have one cookied or one slice of cake or pie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeeLee, ben trying to catch up with you---we need tea my friend
    :-)

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's my friend can-can again with her thoughtful comments and no way to find her blog !! But, I love your comments and hope you keep stopping by!

    And Suz! Call me girlie. Please :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee