Have you ever had that feeling...you know, the one where you just need "something." I need to hug my daughter, I need to snatch up my grandson and twirl around, I need to sweep the blinkin floor, I need to have a nice, burning shot of Jameson's, I need to sing at the top of my lungs, rake the yard and jump over the fire. I need to knit a sweater tonight and I need to sculpt and I need to write poetry without words. I need to climb mountains, sleep under pine trees and shout down the holler. You know the kind of need I mean?
Alas. So, I started to make my To-Do list. It's such a comfort that list. Thanks, Lynn. Those lists are stability, consistency, order, accomplishment. I know I won't go jumpin over the fire or playing hookey from work to twirl the grandbabies. And there's something just a little melancholy about letting go those needs. And while I was lingering on the sweet goodbye kiss, I came across this over at Savoring the Details. Perfect. Zippidy Do Dah!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Thank you Lee : ) I think you started me on my lists....I remember your list of 5 good things I read a way back in march. I need to do that kind of list more often...
ReplyDelete