Thursday, December 11, 2008

What's up in the world!?!?!

Has the world passed through some cosmic energy field and found itself in some new and unfamiliar territory?

I have a friend at work, he is normally calm and rational. He is definitely not prone to flights of New Age babble as some might say that I may be. He sees a very practical world. He spoke with me the other day and explained that he woke up feeling great and had planned his day. Mid-morning he was overcome with such an intense feeling of sorrow that he scoured the Internet looking for news of some cataclysm. In the last few days, he's not the only person that's mentioned similar feelings.

Other friends at work today were pink slipped. Others seem confused and uncomfortable in their own skin. I personally am living through the most intense period of chaos that I have experienced in my life. And! This time, I cannot, no matter how hard I try, find some failing in my own behavior or judgment which accounts for the destruction and negativity outside around me and inside, filling me. I plan the many projects that I would like to create, for minutes I feel eager to begin, then, I stand, prepare and just feel an emptiness and wonder why in the world I am contemplating pincushions and little dollies in the first place.

I'll spare you my New Age babble but for a brief remark that there are those who say, the ones sent to help the planet in her Ascension will feel these things intently, as though there has been a separation from our homeland. I am told that extreme devotion and practice are required. Some days, I can only breathe - and that, just barely. I keep looking for the Light.

Whatever it is, I hope we find our way through it quickly.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you, feel you, have experienced both extreme agitation and sorrow and overwhelming love and calm.
    I find more people being in touch with each other, have had more occasions to break bread with friends and acquaintances than ever before.
    I am just walking in faith and trying to be as loving as I can be. Trying to be aware of and sympathetic to the pain of others while not absorbing it. Trying to keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I hit this blog though a random search which happened to be the title text of your origional post and I have to thank you for preciscely putting in context my feelings of the moment.
    I won't bore you with the details of my concerns of the growing societal contasts of gross injustice and acts of unselfish love but choose to believe it is a sign ... A birthing pain of a potential shift and I can only hope that love wins the game and something beautiful is created as a result.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee