
The first line of my oh so funny, cute, even sweet post should have gone like this:
I showed this photo to all of my daughters (and remember! I have SIX!!) and each of them said, in their own special way of course, something like this, "Who are all those people with Uncle Rusty?" Then I was going to tell you that I showed this photo also to my OTHER Baby Brother and he said, "Rusty do a call for those folks?" Other Baby Brother was going to wonder also when Rusty had added another trophy to his wall, and when he was going to change the color of the living room. Eventually, when I came to it, Baby Brother's wife would have commented about the curtains and how they were not EXACTLY like hers and wonder if I edited the post to encourage a slight change in her decor.
I was so sure of my plan, so convinced! The post was to end with the line explaining that the good looking fellow on the end is not, after all, Rusty, my brother. I would have then said, "THIS is my brother!"

My brother is the fine looking fellow at the top of all the other "red-headed step-children" in my family. The plan failed first because I could not find the photo of my brother in his Carhart jacket and winter, wooly cap. Then, I was going to explain how my family lives not far from this family. I was going to go on, profoundly about the liklihood of me reading (religiously!), out of the bazillions of blogs on the web, the one blog that might just post a photo of someone who looks exactly like my brother.
I had a fine post written in my mind full of kismet and meaning and how closely we are all bound. Then, I followed through in reality and showed this photo to the first of my daughters (remember, I have six!). I advised her to speak the first words that came to her mind. I was so sure she'd say, "Who are all those people with Uncle Rusty?" Instead, she looked at me like I was nuts and said, "And?" I responded, "Don't you see your Uncle Rusty?" She said, "Mom, that's not Rusty! You are nuts!" Ahem. Then she said, "Mom, it's just the jacket, every man in the Midwest has a Carhart jacket."
So much for my plan to reveal my sense of humor and play. I spared the other five daughters and my other baby brother and decided to remain in their minds forever as NOT funny.
Hope you're having a playful week, soone to be followed by a restful, fulfilling weekend. ~Lee




giggle. Well, I thought it was hilarious!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIF you make yourself laugh, you've got an audience. I crack myself up all the time even when hubby or children look at me like they just don't get it.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm going to figure out how to post photos to my blog one day real soon.