As usual, Jamie asks the perfect question of the day. She just never misses. Jamie's question sent me off into fantasy land this morning, oh man oh man are there some experiences I hope to have yet, again, for the first time, now! next year. Oh yeah. And I suppose that's a very good sign, I'm crawling out of this hole little by little.
I can see myself coming over the top of the hole, there's a ladder that has helped me to reach the top. Looking at myself from over here, as I crawl out, I realize that I am caked in mud, covered in grime. My fingernails are black and my hair is in knots. Then, when I get back "over there" and I'm actually in my body and not looking at it, "I want it off, get it off me!" Then, I realize what I want to experience most.
I want to experience clean. Clean. Dirt washed away. Clean, fresh, sweet-smelling
I want to experience clean, like being baptized, washed in the blood and filled with grace
I want to experience clean, purity, crisp, clear, without duplicity, without doubt
I want to experience clean, bright, shiny, soft and cool like summer sheets against my skin
I want to experience the clean that comes after a hard night's rain, when the drops still shimmer, and even the worms look perfect
I want to experience clean so that when my voice passes my lips, it is mine, without the echoes of other uninvited speakers, mine, and mine alone, clear and sharp, certain.
Let me be clean, pure, honest.
Okay, and after that, I'll like all your experiences too! Warm beaches, creative, art-filled afternoons, abundance, love, bliss, dancing! I want all those things too, but I want to great them clean.
I think maybe I want to wear one giant silver earring today :)
~Lee
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




As Lee wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also.
ReplyDeleteOh I love it!!!
this is really gorgeous lee.
ReplyDeleteand as lee wishes for herself, i wish for her also.
As Lee wishes for herself, I wish for her also! Clean! Yay for clean and honest words...
ReplyDeleteBigs hugs on your journey to Clean:)
ReplyDeleteAs Lee wishes for herself, I wish for her also!
As Lee wishes for herself, I wish for her also!
ReplyDeleteAs Lee wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also.
ReplyDeleteClean is a beautiful thing! As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!
ReplyDeleteAs Lee wishes for herself, I wish for her also.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful wish Lee. As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
ReplyDeleteAs Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Being clean - in the way your are talking about - sounds really great.
ReplyDeleteAs Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
ReplyDeleteCheck out the latest post on Lilly's Life - also on Blogspot.
Thank you Can-Can! That was a wonderful post - and so clearly spoken. It is so encouraging - I am not the only one, I am not weak-willed, or lacking in intelligence! Thank you again...
ReplyDelete