
This Wednesday, Jamie, our Wishcasting Wizard, asks, "What do you wish for your space?" This answer came quickly. I wish for my space to be my space! My wish is not exactly to fully own my space - that's a pretty big dream! But this is the second year in which I have not planted the garden my soul requires because I wasn't certain that I would be living in this space long enough to reap the rewards of my effort. Each year, as my lease-end approaches, I contemplate going home. The trouble is, just where is home? My children are in Indiana, well, except for the Texas nut, and Indiana is in my bone marrow. But dayum, would you just look at that mountain right over there? How can I leave that? And then, there's that ocean just "over there." And we can't skip over the social and political climate that I love so much here. But the truth is, I haven't much taken advantage of it, have I? Yet, Indiana calls me. Is it possible to have two homes? My heart is certainly in two places.
I thought, first, when he died, when it all ended, when my freedom was so clearly mine for the taking, that I would just head for home. But oddly, I find now that he was not the only reason I am here. Of course he was not. But he overshadowed all of my reasons for being here. And so, if this is to be my home, I'd like to settle in, do the digging and make it my home!
This is, for now, my space and I wish to claim it. That's what I wish for my space!
Join us - cast your own wish, here.
Cheers! ~Lee




As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her.
ReplyDeleteLight to your home!
As Lee wishes for herself, I wish for her also. May Lee find the home best for her soul!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad how Wednesdays prompts and wishes are becoming big realizations for all of us
ReplyDeleteyay!
As Lee wishes for herself, so I Carmen wish for her.
A truely wonderful wish - as you wish for yourself, so I wish for you! And yes, it is possible to have more than one home - two or more I think I have!
ReplyDeletethis is powerful lee.
ReplyDeleteas you wish for yourself, i wish for you also.
As Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
ReplyDeleteAs Lee wishes for herself,I also wish for her and maybe for two homes nothing is too big or impossible. I am learning that in this wishing process.
ReplyDeleteAs Lee wishes for herself, so I wish for her.
ReplyDeleteas lee wishes for herself, so i wish for her also.
ReplyDeleteMay you claim your space and thrive in it's beauty
ReplyDeleteAs Lee wishes for herself, I wish for her also