I'm coming down with "something." You know the drill, sore throat, I've sneezed 96 times in the last hour, stiff neck. And, I've been really crabby for the last few days. So, it seemed like a good time to re-visit some good things.- Touch-me-not (jewelweed). It's so pretty! And, have you ever just jumped a little when the tinyflower pops? Even though you know it's going to pop! And, jewelweed is a sure-fire cure for poison ivy. Honest! "They" say that touch-me-nots are always growing somewhere around poison ivy. Well, in Indiana that's quite true but I've not seen it so here in Seattle. So, part B of this very good thing is the mature wisdom of knowing to do a little research before I plant those seeds and release a scourge in the Pacific Northwest.
- It's no longer 95 degrees outside. YEAH!!
- My daughter is coming to live with me in just about two weeks. Yes, I'm choosing to include that in five good things! I can't wait. This girl is riotously funny, quirky, smart, HARD WORKING. She's a lot of other things too - some of which you would stumble upon if you happen to ask why the grown daughter is coming home to mom at 27 years old. Confronting squarely life's difficulties is always a good thing don't you think? No picnic ahead I suspect; but a good thing for certain.
- The loving support of the one who made this homecoming possible. Thank you.
- A quiet night, a comfy bed and knowing tomorrow will be a safe adventure.
Oh! And did I mention, Maggie is married??
Hoping your weekend is juicy, warm but not hot and filled with good things (Like the blackberry pie I'm determined to make!)




Thank you thank you! perfect!
ReplyDeleteINGREDIENTS
ReplyDelete4 cups fresh blackberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup white sugar
DIRECTIONS
Do not enter computer room, craft room or bathtub. Avoid all knitting projects. Turn off cell phone. Then:
Combine 3 1/2 cups berries with the sugar and flour. Spoon the mixture into an unbaked pie shell. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup berries on top of the sweetened berries, and cover with the top crust. Seal and crimp the edges. Brush the top crust with milk, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.
Bake at 425 degree F (220 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
i am so glad you're back. you remind me to think of the good things in life....thank you.
ReplyDelete