I think I’ll make a dollie tonight.
I will sew tight little stitches
She won’t ever fall apart
I think I’ll make a dollie tonight
I’ll hold her gently in my palm
She will be birthed in safety and warmth.
I think I’ll make a dollie tonight
I’ll weep the tears for weeping into her softness
She will be wise and compassionate
I think I’ll make a dollie tonight
I will sew a delicate smile and soft brown eyes
She will be lovely
I think I’ll make a dollie tonight
I’ll cradle her while I stitch tiny beads and shiney sequins
She will know her worth
I think I’ll make a dollie tonight
I’ll sing my soul into hers
She will sing with Creator the joy of life
I think I’ll make a dollie tonight
I’ll send her out to the world
A treasure and a gift
I think I’ll make a dollie tonight
And fill my soul
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




My Dollie sits here in my cubicle at work - keeping me company when I am "down" and celebrating with me on my every success.
ReplyDeleteShe is well loved, and filled with love!
And my dolly is hanging on the lamp beside my computer here. She makes me smile when I don't want to.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written. If I could sew, I'd make a dollie, too.
ReplyDeleteI wrote a blog entry once called "I wish I could sew like my mother." I'll have to add that I wish I could sew like Lee!
Aha! now I know who you are!! How I wish I could share a cup of tea with you. And, trust me, there's no skill involved in those little dollies - they make themselves almost. To me, it feels a little like those who can sculpt - they say that the piece of art seems to just sort of emerge from the pile of clay. You should give it a try - it's really fun!
ReplyDelete