Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Five Good Things

Yesterday morning I had the feeling that nothing could go wrong. The world was fresh and new and washed in innocence. Today, I step from the shower and soft pink outlines the mountains south. I stood for long minutes in the silence of my kitchen, filled with gratitude for the grandeur of the Universe. Once in awhile I am sure that this place is paradise.

  • My grandson's face as we left him on his first day of school. He was practically radiant and all around him seemed to be kind and helpful faces.
  • What could have been a nearly perilous project at work seems to be going along just dandy and will be finished in less than half the time I anticipated.
  • My household is sleeping peacefully - everyone is where they should be.
  • In a moment, the day will erupt with life; there is business to be done and all are about attending to it.
  • I feel atonement this morning and I am grateful for all that I have learned and the fleeting wisdom that occasionally presents itself . I know that the past has brought me to precisely this moment.

I hope your week is peaceful and filled with clarity.

~Lee

3 comments:

  1. It was beautiful to read your grateful list. I forget to do this far too often yet I should every day. I'm so grateful for so much. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An attitude of gratitude is important especially admist the turmoil of our economic system.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I have to get back to THESE lists.....thanks for reminding me : )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee