The first good thing is that my morning started with this:

- My Christmas Cactus doesn't grow and get BIG; but he sure makes beautiful blooms and often. The last one was at Christmas (as it should be) and I did not expect more bloom for a year. What a morning treat!
- The mountain wasn't out. I felt a slow, sad sigh erupting( And then, I had this, "well wait a minute!" thought. I KNOW the mountain is there. Yes, I know it. Faith. Even when I can't see, I know. How relaxing, relieving, comforting and affirming was that thought? I'm so grateful! I admit, the mountain is a pretty simple leap of faith; but we start with small things, eh? Perhaps when I have mastered small things, I can dance with bigger things. Faith. My word for the day.
- A lovely student here, a woman in my age group, stopped, noticed my embroidery and shared with me some of her thoughts and demonstrated an easy way to make one of the stitches I will work tonight. Very nice to have that friendly exchange.
- The clouds, as I drove down 45th Street were just dancing in the sky. I wanted to sing! But, at the moment, all I could think of for lyrics was something to do with corn being as high as an elephant's eye; and I didn't think that fitting for Seattle, but I had a good laugh.
- And, as usual, my morning inventory finds all of my loved ones safe and sure...and that's the best of all.
I really enjoy your "5 Good Things" posts Lee - they force me to look at what is right instead of what is wrong. In fact, I may have to *steal* this for my blog!
ReplyDelete