
Am I the only grown up that does not make the bed (regularly, that is)? I thought of this because I was reflecting on my Weekend To-Do List. I didn't do very well on that list....sighs...but then again, I think of my To-Do List more of POTENTIAL. Good, huh? I like it. These are things I potentially would like to do - or at least not forget to do someday. I'm going to cross off the bird cage gig, not because I did it - but because I decided that I didn't want to do it. I did vacuum around their cages though! And, I didn't sew up the little coin purse, although I did get it all pinned together and ready to sew when I can borrow someone's machine since mine went belly-up. And, I didn't finish the Flower Child Dotte, the Dana Dottee or the apron. But then, there are tons of things which I did do which are not on the list - which are never on the list. It reminds me of an email piece that went round years ago....Dad says he's going to bed and he does; mom says she's going to bed and she does 10,000 things on her way to the bedroom. Things like; clean the toilet (I did not, but I meant to!), make the bed (I did) vacuum the floor (I did, I told you! otherwise I'd have been dancing on strewn birdfood all week), dust (yes, I did!) 10,000 which we do as naturally as we breath, and breathing wasn't on my To-Do List either. But maybe it should be? Breath, slow down, relax, forget the lists and do what you WISH to do...
And I did. A little bit at least. I embroidered; or I tried to remember how to embroider and I discovered that I really enjoyed it. REALLY. Thoughtful(but not too), pretty, challenging (but not too). I suspect that I'll be doing a bit more. I'd like to offer up a special THANK YOU! to Janet at Primrose Design. She has embroidery tutorials there which make everything so clear. I've tried to embroider before and generally end up with a tangled mess. I understood Janet's instructions, and! (this is a very big deal), the back of what I've done so far looks neat; not at all the mess that I'm usually afraid for others to see.
In the meantime, my Weekend List morphs into my next week's list....the potential, what I wish to enjoy...not what I have to do. Yes...it's very gratifying to look at it that way...next week I wish to:
- Complete Flower Child and Dana Dotee
- Finish the apron embroidery and put it all together
- Finish at least one little coin purse, maybe a few more
I'm looking forward to the week and I hope you are too.




I really need to get back to my crafty side. It's something that has always relaxed me!
ReplyDeleteOoo, ooo! I am raising my hand....
ReplyDeleteI don't make the bed every day either. I used to. But then Hubby worked night shift for a while, and I never got back in the habit. I do make it once a week and when we have company coming over and we use the bed for coats : ) I like your blog....you are always positive. Have a good week!
I, unfortunately, make my bed 99% of the time except a couple of weeks ago when my husband was away from the weekend. I knew that I would probably take a nap and so I didn't make my bed for the two days he was away. The bed kept calling me to make it and I ignored it. I felt proud of myself.
ReplyDeletePreviously on the one or two days of the year when I didn't make my bed, I'd inevitably have an unexpected visitor and feel like a slob that hadn't made the bed and set the pillows up just so.
I admire your freedom.