Saturday, May 3, 2008

Five Good Things

  • It's a lovely Saturday. I visited my doctor for some potentially good news - more about that later....
  • Daughter #4, ToLittle called today. She wanted to know where to buy couscous. She was making (and now has made) some Carribbean dish with more than 3 ingredients! Perhaps there is hope for this child yet. She made me smile. It's fascinating to watch your children dance into adulthood. I'm still smiling and wishing I'd been there for a taste or two...now, if she'd only catch up that laundry and plant some flowers (oops, I'm slipping past good things!)
  • I had intended (and still intend!) to make a lemon-poppyseed cake today which I found here (does it look yummy?) but I'm not yet. I'm not baking a cake yet because today, for a rare Saturday, I have nothing scheduled and I can bake when and if I please. It feels really nice!
  • I just ate the best bowl of vegetable beef soup/stew. I mean man oh man was it good! And likely part of why I'm not yet baking, you think? I am grateful for the soup, and for its maker. It reminded me of that prayer I must have learned eons ago about blessing the food and the hands that prepared it.
  • It's raining - oh yeah, good things! Okay, it's raining but! I don't HAVE to go anywhere; I can stay here and make a cake!

I hope everyone is having a peaceful Saturday and that you have many more than five good things in your life.

Tschuss

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you are so good at finding the positive in the negative. I need to do more of that : )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee