I know some of you were wondering...yes, I did. Not as far as the last two mornings, just here, at work, in the parking lot. Around the atrium a few times; students joined me. I see new shoes in my future.
I ran across some beautiful, inspiring messages this morning - the sorts of "messages" that are read and leave the reader wondering if the writer was somehow specifically addressing them. Next to the community potential, I find the next best part of blog-reading is just the kismet. How often do I find exactly what I needed, at precisely the proper moment! Of course, that's likely to be true in every single part of life isn't it? We always have exactly what we need. It's all good. Even so, sometimes blogs and blogging peel back the shades and I see what I might otherwise not have seen. I am inspired, supported, nurtured and occasionally admonished. Here are some of the posts which have me crowing this morning:
Is this not just a moment of pervading calm? Perfection. Thank you Liz.
Then there was this at Cheerio Road I was done in by:"...life doesn't come in parts. Every moment is your whole life." Still dancing on air with that one.
And Bella Dia. Oh yes. I have to notice that she did not say don't see the imperfections, just look beyond them. Check out the rest of this lovely blog.
This is just a beautiful studio and did you see that? OMG It is JUST two saw horses! I am just so impressed. I'll be thinking about that all day. Isn't that a beautiful space?
Last, I found this wonderful post titled, can you believe it? "Did You Walk Today". Really, that was the title. Truth is, I hadn't walked when I read it. Really. And, unfortunately my little stacks here won't allow for walking. So, I kidnapped a couple of students and off to the atrium we went. That was a timely message for me, in more ways than, "get up off your *** and go walk!" too. "Through the body, the mind learns." Walk. Write. Sew. Knit. Maybe it's a little simplistic but for me I'm thinking, "What the mind rejects the body will teach." I am pretty sure that sometimes I think too hard when I should just get to doing. Thinking is easier for some of us, we live in our thoughts all too often. And besides, if I'm just thinking, I can continue to sit on my ***. Oh sorry, didn't mean to delve into confessions.
There's a wonderful post over at Zen Habits reviewing the Dalai Lama at the University of Washington. I watched on television and I was awestruck. Such humility. I don't often witness such humility in religious leaders. And, sweet, I would use the word sweet, his presence was simply, sweet. He returned again and again, when asked difficult questions about how to encourage compassion, to the relationship between mother and child. He even mentioned breastfeeding. I heard another individual asking this morning, "how do we teach relationship?" A chatter, not a blogger so I can give you no referring url...I wanted to holler back, "mamas teach relationship!" Of course everyone we relate to teaches us how to relate (that was a tough leap to make, huh?),but the moments spent at mama's breast are oh so important. Remind yourself of the Holy work you do, or have done when the days are challenging. The Dalai Lama says that you are teaching compassion mama and that the affection you give to your child will be a big part of the affection she is able to give later on in her life. No small thing. I was also impressed with His Holiness' complete comfort in saying, "I don't know." (backspaces over the thought about the Pope) I watched his lovely, innocent, "I don't know" and knew from that moment that I'd be more comfortable using that phrase.
All these were at the beginning of my day's journey. Stop by some of those places; I think you will enjoy. I should have finished coin purses tomorrow. My colleague did actually show me how to fix my zipper problem and it was so easy I still can't believe it - it involves a seam ripper though.......
I hope your day is a good one.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Great post!
ReplyDeleteComments get emailed to me so feel free to send you email address.
Thanks for this post. Congrats for walking, again. I have clicked on all the links and on some of the links within the links.
ReplyDeleteBoy can I get sucked into the internet universe!
Thanks for so generously sharing the things that inspire you - that studio, that cabin, that desk! Beautiful!