Morning came a bit too soon today. No smoothie today, just yogurt. Walk around "my square." Yes, I did it this morning! Deep breaths. I reminded myself that I don't need to run. This can be a few moments of walking meditation. I took note of flowers, the feel of the air on my hands, my feet striking the ground. My random shuffle had hit a spate of Taj Mahal tunes. Happy songs (odd for the blues, huh?) You know, I met Taj once. Though I do not know him, in my imagination he has become sort of an ideal for me. Strong, very clear, lovingly authoritative, joyful. This morning those ideals filled my thoughts. I am grateful for all of the strong, joyful, loving people in my life. I am grateful for those shining souls before, around and behind me - some of them gone, some standing beside me and some those who I know through their words, photos and stories. I am grateful today for all that inspires me to goodness and sustains me on my path. As I thought of these people, their words echoing in my heart and their faces dancing across my mind, I felt buoyant; my steps were lighter. And I had to laugh, walking meditation becomes laughing meditation and I was walking in light.
And so are you.




Wow, that was really beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice narrative with rich imagery.
Thank you!!
Blessings,
Stacy
Hi Lee!! Hugs and good for you. I admire you for getting out walking, maybe it'll inspire me to get off my butt...tho it's hard to quilt sitting down. The quilt for Doug is done, and he's coming next week to get it and the matching curtains. Once he takes owndership, I'm taking pics and posting them.
ReplyDeleteTalk later. Hugs, Heather