Saturday, May 17, 2008

Five Good Things

There are so many good things in my life, I am richly blessed.
  • I am grateful for supportive friends - you know who you are. Sometimes those who support us aren't even a spoken, visable presence in our lives. Just good people who wish us well.
  • My library is a good thing, a wonderful thing. I am grateful for my inquisitive and honest students
  • Even the heat is a good thing today - it helped me to slow down, to not go by rote. To think, to be conscious.
  • Lemons are a delightful thing don't you think? I have a cool lemon in my fridge, just waiting for my imagination to create something. I can already taste it. And, I have this really nifty, new lemon zester - I can't wait to use it!
  • The Mountain is a wonderful thing. Reliable, honest, strong; always there to remind me that these things are also inside of me.

I cannot call some of the hard things in my past exactly Good Things; but they have made me strong, they have chiseled compassion, and some of the hard things have born fine fruit. Yes, tis a right fine life I have. And so is yours.

~Lee

4 comments:

  1. What a nice, inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Amanda: Five Good Things comes from Be Present....Be Here. You will love her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting on my blog and I loved this post. I love your job. Consider me a new reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog, we all need to stop and think about how many good thing touch our lives!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee