Thursday, May 1, 2008

Goodies in the mail

Look! is this just the coolest?


I wish I were able to take better pictures! All of these amazing things come from Amanda. I am so touched by her thoughtfulness. Every little thing was nicely wrapped, and there were several items not included in her give-away - that pretty embroidered towel underneath it all; and the cute fabric wallet. Then there are letter seals, with "L" on them! I am just amazed! The inspiration jar has my name on it and I will be until next June examining all the little goodies it contains. Thank you Amanda; I have such a smile and will for days.

I really wasn't kidding when I connected peace and blog give-aways. Each time we write even the most mundane pieces of our lives, we are giving away. We share here our vulnerabilities, our struggles and our joys. And, in reading, I embrace daily that I am not alone, that many of you are just like me. I speak with people "on here" who I think I might pass by in everyday life; too young, too old, wrong political party, too many kids, or not enough, single, married - somehow I'm sure there's no potential friendship there. And yet, I read from others who have fibromyalgia, who like smoothies, who struggle with pain, who screw up their projects, who are sad and disappointed with their children, or proud of them. And later I find out that they are, too young, too old, wrong political party, too many kids, not spiritual enough or too spiritual or whatever. By then, of course, it is happily too late and I have a new friend and a dialoge. Just opening "that much" is truly a give-away. I think, these small open doors bring us closer together - a way to go round, underneath and through those things which divide us. Am I hopelessly pollyanna?

And sometimes, we share tangible, physical gifts. And that's really nice. Soooooooooooooooo :) I'd like to add to the energy and grow it too...Be the 5th emailer to leeannwilmot@gmail.com - and I'll make you a dotee doll. Just a little cheery something for your day.

And Dana- you don't count :) Something pretty cool is happening to the Dana Dotee - it might be delayed a day or two but it has to do with couture and a world-known (maybe famous), what would I know, designer. So you just have to wait!

Everyone have a delightful day.


6 comments:

  1. If there is one thing I am it's patient - and I always follow the rules! *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by.

    What you say about we connect through or blogs is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I am probably too let for sending an email, but it has been one of those days. I am going to send you one now : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so, so glad you liked everything! I had fun putting your things together. :) That's sweet of you to make a dotee doll for someone else. I love how many people I've been able to meet through my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Like all of you, I thrive on them. I do not ask that you agree, I do not ask that you even understand; but I like to know that you have been here. ~Lee